Thank you for your interest in working with the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel Duty Free Shop. Whether it is a career in retail, product management, accounting or any other department, working at the Tunnel Duty Free Shop provides you with the opportunity to contribute, succeed and grow.
We’re looking for a trustworthy and reliable part time Cashier/Sales Associate to provide positive customer experiences and passionately support our mission to becoming the best duty-free store in the world!
Reporting to the Retail Sales Floor Manager, you will be responsible for welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items and providing advice and product recommendations. You’ll scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to our customers regarding products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
You have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. You are responsible, attentive to customer needs and committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Greeting customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items and providing product advice and recommendations.
- Addressing all customer needs, including answering customer inquiries, solving customer complaints and processing customer transactions in a timely manner using our Catapult POS system.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to the leadership team that result in better customer experiences and increased employee engagement, productivity and sales results.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Customer centric with a solution-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be available to work day shifts (anywhere between 6:00am – 4:00pm)
- Must be available to work afternoon shift (anywhere between 2:00pm – Midnight)
- 1+ years of related experience using a point of sale system.
- 1+ years of related experience in customer service and retail sales.
- Experience with FINTRAC, currency exchange and cash handling is an asset.
- Ability to work various evening and weekend shifts in a retail environment.
- Minimum age requirement is 19 years of age
- Valid police clearance required.
**No phone calls, please**
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
All employees are required to wear a mask and receive the COVID-19 vaccinations (two doses). Employees will be required to provide either proof of vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation to be exempted from the requirements.
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: TBD